In this section, you will find descriptions of candidate profiles that are being seeked for open positions, both temporary and permanent positions (below), and internships at ELDA/ELRA.
The European Language resources Distribution Agency (ELDA), a company specialized in Human Language Technologies within an international context is currently seeking to fill an immediate vacancy for a Language Resources Project Manager – Junior position. This yields excellent opportunities for young, creative, and motivated candidates wishing to participate actively to the Language Engineering field.
Language Resources Project Manager - Junior (m/f)
Under the supervision of the Language Resources Manager, the Language Resources Project Manager – Junior will be in charge of the identification of Language Resources (LRs), the negotiation of rights in relation with their distribution, as well as the data preparation, documentation and curation.
The position includes, but is not limited to, the responsibility of the following tasks:
- Identification of LRs and Cataloguing
- Negotiation of distribution rights, including interaction with LR providers, drafting of distribution agreements, definition of prices of language resources to be integrated in the ELRA catalogue or for research projects
- LR Packaging within production projects
- Data preparation, documentation and curation
- Master's Degree (or equivalent) in computational linguistics or similar fields
- Experience in managing NLP tools
- Experience in project management and participation in European projects, as well as practice in contract and partnership negotiation at an international level, would be a plus
- Good knowledge of script programming (Perl, Python or other languages)
- Good knowledge of Linux
- Dynamic and communicative, flexible to combine and work on different tasks
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in English, with strong writing and documentation skills. Communication skills required in a French-speaking working environment
- Citizenship of (or residency papers) a European Union country
All positions are based in Paris. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants should email a cover letter addressing the points listed above together with a curriculum vitae to:
9, rue des Cordelières
Fax : 01 43 13 33 30
ELDA is acting as the distribution agency of the European Language Resources Association (ELRA). ELRA was established in February 1995, with the support of the European Commission, to promote the development and exploitation of Language Resources (LRs). Language Resources include all data necessary for language engineering, such as monolingual and multilingual lexica, text corpora, speech databases and terminology. The role of this non-profit membership Association is to promote the production of LRs, to collect and to validate them and, foremost, make them available to users. The association also gathers information on market needs and trends.
For further information about ELDA and ELRA, visit: